How can you let the season pass without trying your hands on the most important one : Mango Ice Cream 🙂 And since this blog is all about the tasty, easy and quick recipes i tried my hands first time on a no-machine (totally all hands 😛 ) and just 3 ingredients homemade ice cream !!!
Yes you heard it right, all this time i kept eating those ice creams from the shop and had actually never realized that one day (ya..sigh..one day ) i actually would make one 🙂 And i cant deny the fact that i feel so godamn proud of myself ..yaaaayyyy !!! 😀
So in this blog i will take you through the mango lands of sweet pleasures ;)Do try it and let me know 🙂
Estimated Time : Approx 30 min Prep Time + 10 Hrs of Freezing
- 250 gm of Milk Cream (full fat preferably but i just had Amul so used that)
- 200 gm of Condensed Milk ( Milkmaid/ Mithaimate)
- 2 and 1/2 Totally Ripe Aphanso Mangoes
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Essence ( Totally optional)
- 2-3 drops of Food Color ( Totally optional))
The optional elements can be totally skipped out cause i made two batches with and without them respectively and there was not much difference at all ! The vanilla essence helps give the dessert the aroma and very slight induced flavor and if you don’t care much about the color, don’t bother about the food color at all 🙂
The Process :-
- Collect your main ingredients
- Wash 2 of the mangoes and make a puree out of it. You can cut it into small pieces and later blend it in the blender/ mixer. Or you could just use the grater. Since the mangoes are ripe enough, the grater does a good job as well ! Well my grinder ain’t working so i had no options, but am pretty impressed its come out well
- Now lets get to cream section. Take the cream in a bowl. Before making the whipped cream, be sure that the cream in chilled and thick ( frozen for more than 2-3 hours). Also if you see i have taken a vessel with iced water and placed the bowl on top of that. The reason being that its easier to make whipped cream when the cream is chilled. Also try opening the packet and transfer only the thick portion of the cream. You will be seeing some liquid part (left over) of the cream still there, do not use that
- Now for about 10-15 minutes whisk/ beat the cream continuously and vigorously. It is a little slow process but don’t worry you will get the same texture as the blender once you are done 🙂 You don’t trust me ?? See below !
- Once you get your whipped cream, add the condensed milk. It gives that milky texture and sweetness. You DO NOT have to add any sugar at all. Once added, whisk it again till its all mixed
- Now add the mango puree to this. You an the optional ingredients too the vanilla essence and the color and mix well
- Now take the left half mango and chop it into small cubes. This is just to add the surprise element of finding the mango chunks when you are eating it. Mix all well
- Now take an air- lock vessel. In case you don’t have an sir lock container, you can take any container and cover it with an aluminum foil over it ( this is just a substitute to avoid the top layer of the mixture from forming an iced layer, its always preferable to used an air lock/ closed container)
- Now lets keep it in the fridge for minimum 10 hrs. Its better to keep it over night as well
- Every 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours take the vessel out of the freezer and run a fork/ spoon through the mixture ( which is now semi solid since its in the process of solidifying into an ice cream ). Repeat this process 2-3 times and then let it freeze then. This process helps to avoid accumulation of ice particles/ crystals in the ice cream
- Once the ice ream is frozen for min 10 hrs what comes out is a completely set and delicious ice cream 🙂 Scoop it out and enjoy it alongside summers !!!!
DO NOT FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE RECIPE UPDATES AND NEW EATING PLACES EXPLORED !!